View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 12:50 PM

Hello David,

I am so happy to hear from you and I am glad to know that you have been doing great. I’ve been following your story and I can understand all the pain and suffering you must have gone through. I’ve been diagnosed only a few weeks ago and it feels so terrible. But you have lived with it for a decade and I must admit that it takes a lot of courage and determination to keep fighting. People like you make me feel hopeful buddy.

After reading your post, I researched on the carnivore diet and I came across so many people who claim that this way of eating has changed their life. It is indeed surprising to know that when modern medical science has failed to cure so many autoimmune diseases, a simple diet is able to help people in healing themselves. People call it a miracle diet and this explains the effectiveness of the diet and how it has brought a positive change in their lives.

I have been a fairly active person all my life. I’ve been hitting the gym and doing heavy resistance training about 5 times a week. My diet has always been up to the mark, no junk food. I have been quantifying my diet for years and I count my calories. I never smoke and I am not a heavy boozer. I used to have a couple of pints on Saturdays. I am not really sure what could have caused my neuropathy. Destiny probably.

Nevertheless, after coming across so many stories I finally decided to take the plunge and I am on day 2 of my carnivore diet. Currently I am only eating eggs and beef cooked in tallow. I use salt and pepper for seasoning my meat. Fat accounts to about 70% of my calories and remaining 30% comes from protein. I am avoiding all other meats at the moment. Will consider adding them once I start feeling better.

So far I have been doing pretty well on this diet but on my Day 2 I noticed a slight increase in my symptoms. The numbness in my palms was gone but it came back today. I am not sure if it has something to do with my new diet. May be a result of oxalate dumping? Or could it be because of the eggs? I’ll observe it for a couple of more days and will exclude eggs if this continues.

I’ve also started taking benfotiamine, R-ala and B-12. I know it’s too early to start expecting results. I will continue this diet atleast for 90 days before drawing any conclusions. But I am hopeful that if it has helped so many people it might help me too.

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and tips David. It means a lot. I really appreciate it and I wish you great health and a happiness life. Keep rocking! 😊
Rick1081 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote