View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 03:48 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

some great tips above...

Socks.
Just wanting to mention that I bought some inexpensive compression (approx $10AU) socks. They're knee high. They're not rated mmHG so guessing they're under 20mmHG. The ones in the pharmacy that are really expensive are much higher rating but I wouldn't try those for my purpose unless I spoke to the doctor first. So, the compression socks are great for me in a flare up if lying in bed for a while. They really have helped me quite a bit.

[I might try an arm sock. They make them for lymphedema. I get problems during my neuropathy flares especially in the one arm where some lymph nodes were removed. I might try that although they're not cheap. I see you can get them for hands as well. That's interesting].

Shoes.
Skechers are making some good ones now for neuropathy (or so they say. not sure if they work or not). I would be careful with the height of the soles in you have balance issues as some of them have these hardish plastic or rubber bits in that bother me. They have step-in ones that don't deal with laces. I'm going to buy a pair and will update. My problem is that I don't allow shoes to be worn in the house but that's where I'll be wearing them.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote