View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalBeing View Post
Rick, I am in the same situation as you. Healthy, lifted, no chronic diseases. Got covid and 6 weeks later, small fiber neuropathy. I now have numbness in my entire body. Even neurologists I see can't believe it because its in every piece of skin which is supposedly extremely rare.

I am now on day 18 of ketovore - I drink kefir with whey protein powder and eat some cheese. I also just started taking 500mg a day of benfotiame, 1200mg of ALA, 2500mg fish oil, 5000IU Vit D, 5g createine and costco's Mega B-complex. So far no real changes.

If you need support or want to bounce ideas off each other, I can be reached on telegram @Depeche_Made or whatsapp
Hi RationalBeing, I am so sorry to know about your condition. I can relate to what you are experiencing and I understand that this could be quite overwhelming. I was diagnosed about a month ago and to be honest, I felt that this was the end of road for me. But then I came across many people like David who were successful is managing and even reversing their condition. This gave me a lot of hope and I started my own research on different diets, supplements and lifestyle changes that could help me in reversing my neuropathy.

I am in a better position now. Although I still feel some numbness and a vibratory sense in my palms, my foot pain has reduced by 90%. The pin and needle feeling has also gone.

In the beginning I started with intermittent fasting and I could notice that my symptoms would subside a bit but they would come back as soon as I ate carbs. I felt needles and tingling immediately after I ate rice, bread or pasta. So I went totally low carb and I could see some difference.

I also added supplements like benfotiamine, R-ALA, L-Citruline but I did not notice any significant improvement until I included B12. My B12 came to be around 250 and people here advised me to start supplementing immediately. I started taking 6000mcg of B12 and within days I could notice reduction in my foot pain. Just to make sure that B12 was helping, I stopped it for a few days and the pain came back. I reintroduced it and now my foot pain is gone 90%.

I came across David’s post about managing his neuropathy through the carnivore diet. I also spoke to many people who were able to reverse their autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, MS etc by going carnivore. With some many case studies, I decided to give it a try. I’ve been on a carnivore diet for about 5 days now. Although I did not notice any significant improvement in my hand numbness, I feel great from inside. I’ve been suffering from ulcerative colitis for years and my gut has improved a lot immediately after going carnivore.

I started with eggs, red meat, salt and pepper. But now I’ve excluded eggs completely. I still have that vibratory sense in my palms and forearms. It is like how we feel immediately after an electric shock. It is difficult to explain. But I’ve not lost hope yet and I’ve decided to continue this diet for atleast 6 months before making any conclusions. Nerves take a lot of time to heal so I need to be patient.

I understand your case. Covid and Covid vaccine induced neuropathy are quite common these days. But the good news is that since this is not related to diabetes or any other autoimmune condition, there is a high a probability of getting this reversed. Unlike diabetic or autoimmune neuropathy where the nerves will continue to degenerate due to the associated health conditions, in covid induced neuropathy there is nothing ongoing that could continue contributing to this condition. Well, although I am not a doctor atleast that’s my opinion. This is somewhat similar to alcohol induced neuropathy and I’ve come across many patients who were able to reverse it by simply cutting alcohol completely.

You made a good decision by going ketovore because going carnivore directly might be hard on the body. But I would recommend that you slowly transition into a Lion’s diet as suggested by David. This is an elimination diet and it will help you in figuring out which foods you are allergic to. After about 6 months you can slowly start reintroducing other meats. Our myelin sheath is made of fat and only animal fat can help in regenerating it.

How’s your B12 by the way? If it is anywhere below 600 please start supplementing immediately. You can also include beef liver in your diet as it is rich in B12. Lion’s diet allows organ meat of all ruminant animals. This will also help you with some variety in your food.

If possible, also get an ANA test done just to make sure that you don’t have any autoimmune issues. My ANA came out +++positive and that freaked me out in the beginning. But as modern medicine can’t help with this, i decided to focus more on diet, supplementation and exercise.

Last but not the least, don’t get disheartened as this will lead to stress and stress can further aggravate your symptoms. People in this forum are very helpful and you can reach out if you need help. I would also suggest that you join carnivore groups on Facebook. It has helped me a lot.

I hope this helps. Sure, you can get in touch with me on telegram. My id is @beachlifez

Wishing you all the best and praying for your speedy recovery 😊
Rick1081 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote