View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 06:45 PM
Newly Joined

Newly Joined

Default Post concussive symptoms

I have had at least 5 concussions over the past 3 years.
I fell out of a chair in April, which made me sustain another concussion. Since then, I can't seem to heal. I get constant setbacks ( bumping head on doors, speed bumps, car accident, etc.). As soon as I think I am doing better, I have another setback. I don't play sports, run or so anything risk taking outside of driving. However, I still manage to get hurt often.
Today I was getting in my car and wasn't taking my time. I bumped the middle top of my head on the ceiling of my car. It was a medium hard hit, which wouldn't have been a big deal if I wasn't still healing. I have read that minor hits and jolts can cause a concussion in a vulnerable brain. Each time I get a setback, it causes significant anxiety because the setbacks seem to have bug consequences. What is the likelihood that the hit on tne ceiling caused another concussion?
Also, any ideas on how to differentiate between a new concussion or an exacerbation of old injury? Doctors can't answer these questions for some reason. Any advice/guidance would be appreciated.
Jbshan5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote