View Single Post
Old 11-25-2023, 09:30 PM

Arrow

Mark In Idaho,

Thank you again for another very thoughtful reply. It is reassuring to know that my brain has not suffered to the extent that I previously thought.

I will consider the different options that you have provided me with in order to treat my anxiety. The vitamin supplement is interesting, as I had not before considered taking something like that in place of medication, though a part of me still leans towards trying the antidepressant. Have there been other threads or resources, either on here or elsewhere, that speak more on amitriptyline treating concussions? I know that either way it will be difficult to determine what works best without trying them, but I’ve been worried about adverse affects like strokes/seizures. It helps to see how other people may have found benefit with the same medication.

I have gotten some access to a recliner. I hope to try to sleep in it tonight/etc and see if there is any noticeable difference.

I see my new doctor in two days and will bring up the PT to them, so that they can give me a referral. I am lucky to live in an area where there are several physical therapy institutes nearby, so it should not be too difficult to find a PT who knows something about rehabilitation for the neck. Many of these physical therapy places also have programs for concussions. Do you think trying one might be worth it, possibly for the vertigo? Or, do you think it is not worth the effort and I should only seek out the neck stuff?

Are there any guides for anti-inflammatory foods?

Lastly, what are the headaches that PCS patients typically have called? The sharp/burning pain kind, and the inflating/deflating type of headaches?

It has been nice reading through the comments on this forum and knowing that what I am experiencing is normal. Over the last few days, I’ve been feeling even more dissociated, dizzy, and physically numb. Before, this would have caused me to freak out - but seeing that people say there are many setbacks and strange episodes that come with “the PCS rollercoaster” is very reassuring. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. It has been so nice to learn more!
powerblackwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (11-26-2023)