View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 02:46 PM

Mark In Idaho,

As always, thank you so much for your considerate and thoughtful responses. It is greatly appreciated.

I will try to dial it back on the research. Ever since starting to learn about the sciences behind brain injuries and how they are impacted by a concussion, I have felt a return of some happiness. I have a deep love for sciences, and I think that I was finding some purpose in studying what I can about this new, interesting topic. But, I also completely agree that the research can be an example of anxiety/OCD, especially with how addictive it has become. There is so much to learn, perhaps too much, that I am forgetting about other activities that I could be enjoying!

I understand what you are saying about bumps and jolts. It is interesting how our perception of these things change after such an injury. When I become frightened after stepping off a stair too hard, I have found some benefit in trying to alter my thinking from “was that a concussion?” to “wow, that was a rough step!” and moving on. This must be what Bud has done, too.

As for the second question - I see. So, regardless of how many concussions one has, the brain becomes no more vulnerable to injury at lower forces? I wonder where the idea came from that it becomes extremely sensitive. So many people must be misinformed about that, seeing as it is such a prevailing theory.

I previously tried to find some more information online about Concussion Anxiety Syndrome. I wanted to send it to someone who was interested in understanding what is happening with me. Other than the work of Dr. Cameron Marshall, it seems that there is essentially no research done on the topic, at least that is easy to find. It is a shame that the knowledge we have on concussions is so limited, and there is so little information out there that could help better inform us.
powerblackwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote