View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 01:28 PM

Yes - I have read briefly some of the information about hypersensitivity in the immune system. The articles/podcasts said some do the same things you just did, about how it can be beneficial to remove “unnecessary stimuli” to lower stress and anxiety effects. It did not mention how that can impact sleep or how sleep removes toxic waste, however. That information is incredibly good to know.

One thing I wanted to ask is what other things have you done (other than sleep posture and icing) that helped to improve your neck?

This response took a while because I realized that I need to get more “neck-conscious,” as I have been calling it. I have a tendency to whip, jerk, shake, etc. my head during conversations or moments of excitement. After a flare-up of even worse symptoms a few days ago from shaking my neck/twisting it during a conversation, it revealed to me two things. Yes, my symptoms are mainly stemming from my neck. I also need to learn to be aware of how I am moving my neck during this recovery period. With how sensitive this part of the body becomes during concussion/whiplash, it is a great surprise to me that there is less information on this, too.

I should be seeing my neurologist/PCP in a week or two. That is when I will try to get to that PT you recommended, or spinal/chiro doctor for GERD.

Along with icing and improving resting posture, I’ve taken to cold baths to reduce inflammation. I allow myself to float at times, similar to how we treat joint pain in arthritis. It helps.

Thank you.
powerblackwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote