View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 02:30 PM

UPDATE: Got the PT/Vestibular therapy and dietitian referral so that I can make the next steps in recovery.

Just wanted to give this small update since those were things I said I was trying to do. Glad I could accomplish that, but I think I may need a new PCP already. The guy is adamant that I am going to “work myself into a disability” by not returning to work and school while injured. I pushed myself through two semesters of college + working weekends during the beginning of this concussion. I absolutely was not educating myself, trying to learn where my tolerance was, ignoring my body’s signs, etc. I care about the quality of the work I do, not just about doing it. Whether it is from the concussion or whiplash, trying to use my brain, especially to write, causes pretty bad headache flare-ups. I don’t think I will be jumping off that cliff again.

He also said that whiplash causes brain damage, and that there are too many people who get on disability (which is irrelevant) because they, for lack of better words, are too weak to overcome chronic pain.
Yikes.

Thank you.
powerblackwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (12-20-2023)