View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 01:39 AM

Hi David,

Although I am still struggling with my condition even after 2 months on carnivore, your story gives me a lot of hope. My suffering is not even close to what you have gone through. Yet, you were able to swim against the tide and this reminds me again and again that neuropathy can be reversed.

It has been 77 days since I started carnivore but so far I haven’t noticed much difference with my symptoms, although I do feel energetic and active. Oh yeah, my gut has improved a lot after going carnivore.

My foot pain went away even before I went carnivore and that could be because of the B12 supplements.

However, I still have tingling in my hand fingers and sometimes around my lips and that’s bothering me the most.

My doctor has prescribed 300mg oxcarbazepine twice a day. This is an anti-seizure medication, similar to gabapentin. When I take the medicines, my tingling and numbness disappear completely but it comes back immediately even if I miss the dose for a single day. This makes me realise that the carnivore diet hasn’t started showing it’s benefits yet.

I almost forget about my neuropathy as long as I am on this medication. However, I don’t want to be dependent on these drugs for the rest of my life and that’s the very reason for going carnivore.

Right now I eat only red meat most of the time. I add salt and pepper to my meat to make it taste better. I also drink 2 cups of sugarless tea every day. I am not sure if I should do that. I eat eggs may be once every 2 weeks when I feel like eating something different. I am not sure if I am doing carnivore the right way.. I really wish there was someone who could hold my hand and help me navigate through this.

I know that it is too early to conclude if carnivore can reverse my PN but so far it hasn’t been very effective. But I won’t give up and will continue to stay on this diet due to the other associated health benefits.

Thanks 🙏 for all the support and kind words David. It helps a lot. I am unable to send you a private message, may be because I don’t have the required permissions. Nevertheless, I’ll keep you updated about my condition.
Rick1081 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote