View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 08:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerblackwolf View Post
Hello friends,

Happy New Year!

I wanted to ask what the best procedure (or if there are any recommendations) for having an endoscopy with a TBI/neck injury. I have been avoiding medicines during this journey because many have begun to negatively affect me after the injury. I figure there are safer ways to go about an endoscopy, such as different types of sedation or anesthetics?

My GERD has remained out of control and I am going to see my gastro soon. I figure she will want me to have an endoscopy next, especially because of how long I have been suffering.

I am happy to have an awake procedure too, especially if that lessens/eliminates risk with head/neck stuff.

Thank you!
Yes I read many years ago about sedation and TBI.It is always a concern for me. I have not had any problems. I did twilight at the dentist, and I had a colonoscopy few months ago. I dont remember the name of it, but some call it the Michel Jackson drug? I woke right up and no side effects at all. I havent been put down hard as of yet to see if other drugs would mess with me.
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote