View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 02:47 AM

DavOD,

Thank you for your response - that is very reassuring! I will see what I can do.

Mark In Idaho,

I have been going to behavioral therapy for about 3 years to help with my anxiety/depression. There has been some improvements, though I feel like some of my progress with these emotional problems has been reversed. I recently had to quit therapy because of financial difficulties, but I am trying to find other things that I could do other than medicines. I’ve tried meditation…

I wish there were some way to get therapy covered completely by my insurance, especially since anxiety has me in such a death grip now.

I think physical therapy has helped with anxiety some too. Being able to go to a place that is meant to help my condition is reliving. But, I think I need to learn not to be anxious with joint mobilizations because, as it turns out, those sometimes trigger my anxiety too. Especially big pops/cracks! This is something my PT can help me with, and provide reassurance/information.

Maybe I should try some exposure therapy. Like, allowing myself a food/drink that I enjoy but would normally stay away from now, just every once in a while. To sort of convince myself that these items won’t significantly hurt me and reduce said anxiety. But that’s just an idea.

Thank you!
powerblackwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote