View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 04:15 AM

Mark,

This is how I understand joint mobilization grades from the articles I have read:

Grade I - For decreasing pain. Applying minimal pressure and not for increasing range of motion.

Grade II - Moving joint a bit more than before, but still nowhere near the end range of motion.

Grade III - Larger amplitude movement, close to the end range of motion.

Grade IV - Small amount of motion, but closer to the end range. Meant to encourage the body flexibility and movement.

Grade V - At the end range of motion, what is usually associated with chiropractic adjustments, or “thrust techniques.”

Thank you for the explanation! Seems there is a lot left I need to learn about physical therapy techniques.
If I could ask, what type/kind/brand of bed pillow do you use? I’ve gone through many, even before the neck injuries, and cannot find one that isn’t painful.

And, yes - I think I need to open up to my physical therapist and confess that I don’t like the current method we are trying, and would rather an alternative pathway in treating my pain. Something gentler, as you describe. What was holding me back was the feeling that I would be disrespecting him, but I realize a physical therapist is meant to help you, and that includes providing comfortable treatment.

Thank you!
powerblackwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote