View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What philosophy do you hold to?

I was at the hospital with my son the otheer day when an elderly gentleman came up to me and asked if he could borrow my newspaper. I said, "sure, no problem,". He started rifling through the paper and said as he did so, "I want to see the obituary page. If my name is not in it, I am going to work tomorrow morning." I wasn't expecting a joke so, of course, I thought it was quite funny.

I have always been told that I should give a day's work for a day's pay, and I have tried to accomplish that plus a little lagniappe on every job I have ever worked, and I feel as though I succeeded. When I felt that I was no longer reliable, dependable and capable of giving a day's work for a day's pay, I humbly bowed out. Fortunately for me, at the end of my labor, I was self employed. I got out of bed on July 11, 2000, looked in the mirror and said calmly, "You're fired."

What do you feel is the right thing to do? On the other hand, if no one is complaining,...stay on as long as you want.

A temporary solution might be to simply adjust your medication times and doses to allow yourself to function for the time that you are at work.

michael b.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote