View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 06:13 PM

Default PCS I think symptoms.

I'm about 6 months out from a concussion on Aug 11, 2023. I hit the top of my head a few times when my boat capsized. I've had CTs, and Head and neck mri's that seem fine to those reading them. Blood work also seems fine for the tests that i've had. I had 3-4 weeks of headache then 3 weeks in the onset of some tinging in my hands and feet. Odd muscle pains/cramps/aches. I'm being told my symptoms which started soon after the concussion don't fit PCS.

I'm so tired of being scared and not having answers. Two neuro docs have not had clear answers for me.

Are there some PCS treatments you recommend.
Symptoms
Frequent
Tingling hands and feet mostly right
Aches
Tension Back of hand
Tension in face

Occasional
Head ache
Dry mouth
Itching
Lots of yawning (may not be related)

New. Hands numb when I wake up. Last 2 -3 weeks. Feels like low circulation not the previous tingling /off feeling. This is more painful. Almost feels like they are really cold.

Recent events.

Toes have started to feel numb like low circulation numb. This is different. This is happening when I wake up in my hands. Last night it started even before I fell asleep. Getting up and walking around helps temporarily.
Crossing my legs makes them get numb quickly.

Massage and heat seem to help many symptoms in the short term. Hot Yoga Helps. Walking exercise helps. Hot bath helps. Ice packs help. Foot massager spiky ball helps.

Questions
Why is this happening. Variations of this have been happening since a few weeks after the accident.
Would a Functional Nuerocognitive Imaging show anything

Is it Post Concussion Syndrome?
My symptoms seem to strongly match the National Knowledge Translation Center TBI document.
DonMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote