View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 09:58 PM

Default Not diagnosed with Parkinson's yet

Hi Folks Trying to keep it short I started having odd feelings in at least the right arm last year, and that has developed into a pretty small tremor, though it feels big, in my right hand , but kind of focused in the pinky It is not a classic pill rolling tremor, but it is a resting tremor I am holding out a little hope that it is essential tremor I have had increasing tremors in all digits going back forty years which has increased gradually through the decades

A couple of weeks ago, I added dizziness and some odd but significant feelings in both legs I have had some pain in the muscles and kind of poppy twitchy feeling It seems almost gone when asleep I did exercise pretty heavily on stationary gym, and seems rather connected to at least exacerbating things Perhaps related is the popy maybe fluttery feelings is a familiar feeling in my legs I had felt something very similar, but to a lesser extent around 15 years ago

In terms of the other Parkinsons symptoms I don't really have any slowness, or stiffness My writing has changed with the tremor, but no real identifiable 'tiny writing' Speaking is off a bit, but i am pretty sure that my acid reflux is at least contributing to some of those problems

I do not yet have an appointment, but I was told it would be about a month That will hopefully be confirmed in the next couple of days I have been resigned to Parkinsons at points along the way, and leg symptoms honestly give me the most concern, but I am still hoping a bit for alternative expalations

Thanks for your attention, and aplogies if it was lengthy
Matt Grantham is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote