View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 11:39 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Thank you for all the messages.

It has been about 2 months since I had this fall and I have been suffering from horrible brain fog and problems with concentration ever since. While I have had brain fog before, this is much worse than it has ever been before as I can hardy think clearly at all and the things I used to do to improve my brain fog do not seem to have any effect (taking breaks frequently, going on walks, working in a silent environment, playing classical music).

My lifestyle is very good as I eat a healthy diet, do not drink coffee, and sleep 9-10 hours a night so I do not really see an issue here. Even drinking coffee, which I tried a few times to see if it would help, does not help me to think any clearer. All it does is make it harder for me to fall asleep in the evening so I do not drink it anymore.

I do however have a long history with anxiety, mostly related to my PCS. I was taking an SSRI for the past year or so but stopped taking it about the same time that I had this fall. Since I stopped taking it, I have noticed I am feeling a lot more sad and anxious at all times.
My poor concentration and brain fog is one of the main sources of my unhappiness and stress as it severely impairs me during my daily life and is very very bothersome and concerning. I definitely see how the two are related and can feed off of each other as a result but I do not see a way out of this spiral and fear that the root problem is the brain fog and cognitive problems I have been having as a result of this fall.

Aside the brain fog and concentration problems, I really do not have any other new concussion symptoms since the fall.
melody_sings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote