Thread: Sinemet dose ?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sinemet dosage.

Hi, I'm in a similar quandry. I was diagnosed in 1997, at the age of 30. I won't bore you with a bunch of stuff. I take 3 carbidopa/levodopa every 2 hours. I get through but I have got to pay attn. to my phone when the alarm goes off because if I'm late, oh boy, we don't wanna go there. Anyway I hope this helps a bit.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyL View Post
I'm now in my 26th year with PD. Onset of symptoms was 1996 at age 33. Things are not good, as I'm sure you can imagine. I'm supposed to take 3 Sinemet (25/100mg) four times/day. This dose used to last 5-6 hrs., which worked out well enough for several years. These days, however, I start to wear-off in about 3 hrs. So, now I'm faced with deciding whether or not to go ahead and take "more" than I am prescribed. You see, a VA doc writes my prescriptions, and he recently sent me a large "extra" bottle of Sinemet (Qty: 180). I'm assuming he sent them because I told him about the 2-3 hrs of On-time I regularly get from the 3-tab dose.
Obviously, the longer we take the sinemet, the less effective it becomes. So, I was wondering if anyone here has past the point I find myself in currently? Anyone here taking more than 3 tabs (25/100mg) four times daily?
...and, what am I (are We) supposed to do if/when the sinemet fails completely?
Thanks very much.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote