View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 12:00 AM

Default Allodynia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shondav1 View Post
I have been struggling with neuropathy since March due to nerve impingement in my ankle. In late July out of no where 20 minutes after taking a shower was in so much pain like I had been pelted with rocks. I was in so much pain and anything that touched my body caused more pain. Finally talked to the DR. via phone mid Aug. He said I have SFN with Allodynia and prescribed gabapentin until I was It has helped some but if I take a shower or bath I'm still in pain. If certain clothes and the bed sheets still hurt. Takes a week or more to calm down

What have worked for you for pain, clothes, bathing, etc.? Any advise welcomed.
I have the same exact problem especially with clothes and sheets. Sadly it's usually 4 to 6 times a day I have to change clothes to feel some relieft and on top of it all I can see the white flakes coming off of my skin and staying on the inside of my clothes. Have you found anything else that works yet? I've been given the gabapentin by my dermatologist and told to use prescribed lidocaine patches and I've done the gabapentin but haven't done the lidocaine patches consistently. I never thought I would find someone else who's going through the exact same thing I am.
christinejarvis2010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote