View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Many thanks Bryanna...

I realize that I've lots going against me - I feared it to be so..
1- have been on Fosamax over ten years
2-crossed the line to serious osteo this year
3- Hypothyroid is recently determined to be Hashi's due to the osteo and other blood works. Thyroid not functioning for over 10 years
4- Am on an estrogen blocker following cancer surgery last year
6- am on anti-seixure meds for auto-immune neuropathy over 4 years
7- Had extensive orthodonture work as a teen [quite a while ago]
8- have worn nite gards for over 20 years -I think the only thing in my favor?
The endodontist had asked me if I had injured my jaw at any time in my life, and other than removal of all wisdom teeth a verylong time ago...That is one part of me that I have no recollection of damaging. Final comment from him was the tooth's gotta go.
What you have stated is refreshing in how straightforward you have put all the things that come into play with any decisions I make about it. Especially about your outlining of 'systemic aspects' -put that way, I can see lots of possible connections. I assume that the work will be done fairly soon, but now I can present all my issues in to the dental surgeon in a more assertive way, one where he/she will know up-front what to expect from me. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be delightful if THIS was a major contributor to my immune issues?
I count myself lucky to be in a region where top professionals can be found, I've only had a couple of medical duds, but they were doozies. Hopefully once this is done, I won't have to worry about this kind of thing for quite a while - I suppose I'll find out soon enough and I'll report back in.
Again MANY THANKS! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote