View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi dahlek,
I cannot tell you how many patients I have that have been on Fosamax or similar, only to have their osteoporosis progress, not improve!

My personal physician does not recommend the use of bisphosphonates because of the long term negative affects on the bones. Instead, he monitors my vitamin D levels with a serum test called 25(OH)D or 25-dihydroxy vitamin D, every 3-6 months. You may want to do some research on vitamin D and bone health........ you will be surprised with how important this vitamin is to our overall wellbeing. I was very deficient in vitamin D with my serum level being at 12 (optimal is 60-100). I supplement with a product from Biotics Research called Bio-D Mulsion Forte and my serum levels have since stayed in the 60's!!

Another good supplement for the bones is vitamin K2. There is good information on this (and vitamin D) on Dr Mercola's website. Of course calcium, magnesium, boron, and silicia are also helpful and work synergistically with vitamin d3 and k2.

I agree with you that you have several possible contributing factors to your root resorption. Is this the only area in your mouth that has this condition? It is imperative for the oral surgeon to know that you have been taking Fosamax along with your entire health history and other meds. He will need to take certain precautions when debriding the bone and your healing may be monitored closely for a long time.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing ~'.'~

Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote