View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Oooh! YOu aren't only good, but FAST?

Right now about the Bionophosphates....I re-re-re-read the 'latest' Prescribing Info [as all know I am a strident advocate about this!] and found a teeny tiny print footnote about taking a 'break' from it for a few months ...never stating why. Not one doc has EVER mentioned this teeny fact to me. I find it appalling and yet, I do HAPPEN to be the the 'bone-wise' between rock and hard place regarding the osteoporosis.
Before the cancer was 'found' 18 mos +/- ago, my teeth were losing enamel as if losing quarters to the slots...My feet -the bones were suddenly turning transparent...I upped my calcium and all to no avail. Chomping down 6 different calciums combos to get the right amount of Mag has been an adventure...getting all that extra stuff without the 'bonus' of unwanted B-6...which aggravates my neuropathy well has also been fun? I DO know theres lots of K in there tho...
I wish that the endocrinologist appt were sooner than Oct tho...Maybe the ocon that I see next week or the Neuro next month will order the metabolic tests to see how I'm faring? Sure hope so as the the general/standard test has only been the chem panels.. I've a suspicion more 'things' need to be watched...sigh.
As far as resorption - this is a whole new world to me [aside from horses who have bone spurs[splints] on their legs suddenly having them go away...no people tho] I guess I have to go 'look it up' now I know how to spell it right?
I had suspected a bunch of big UH-OH's with all this, when it started 'sort of ' small, but I suspect more that we are talking BIG TIME U-O's now. I suppose I should be grateful that the U-O's aren't in a bigger size type?
Onward, will most likely get the surgeon's name on Wed...more fillings with more after that...I'm in a holding pattern about long-term repair or pull actions given all the 'contingencies'...For a year I can deal with the holding pattern...after that, I believe some long term issues regarding teeth are going to have to be VERY realistically dealt with.. That is probably worth another thread tho isn't it? Honestly about resorption...I've only HEARD of it in this last week? YIKES! I know I've a couple of other 'gray areas' being 'watched'...Who knows?
Another bone [pardon pun?] for me to gnaw on tho..would be: is my 'chomp factor' a possible cause for an infection that, in spite of a nite gard, got the old auto-i ball rolling down hill? So many tests, I realize NOW, that could have been done, when done at the rite time, COULD answer soo, many, many questions NOW. It positively confuses the few functioning brain cells left [after meds, of course]!
OH well! Life goes on, with or without pain! I will trudge on some how, tho not necessarily gracefully?
Super thanks again. I will be 'armed' with knowledge and ask the proper questions to [as Garrison Kellior says:] Do what needs to be DONE!
Are we having fun yet? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote