View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default swelling up

hi,
not sure if you have dx vascular tos, but if you hve swelling with it during walking it is due to compression of the vessels and you should try to be very careful as you could cause a clot or damage to your vessels or your nerves if they too are compressed in the bundle.

This swelling is not good as it will do more damage. rest and elevation are good. And STOP the activity causing the problem until you are worked up by a DOCTOR. I am worred....this is what happened to me pre surgery and I could not feel my hand or my arm if I walked for over 10 min....now less, but if I go on a walk on treadmill, (like hard pavement) then my face goes numb and so does my ear and arm and hand and swells up....if you get to the point whre you are able to tolerate ice find, but I find Ice is the worst thing for my tos as it causes more flares and makes things much worse....I had to wait up to an hour for the swelling to go down....

ER for this is likely not a good idea as they don't usually even know what tos is...lol .....so try to relax and let it go down....hold off on the activity until you speak to your main doc treating your tos and yes perhaps you need a veinogram to see if you have more occlusion than you think.....it could be pooling blood, lymph swelling or a multitude of other issues.....so get it checked by your main tos doc....

best of luck....it sucks I know, but hold in there!!!!

That kind of swelling could cause compression in other areas....so your hand may feel worse than normal...but don't do it till you are worked up again...
love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote