View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in tears after having read all your posts. Here I was thinking I was going crazy and I'm thankful that I'm not the only person experiencing this problem.

I was involved in a car accident just over three weeks ago and besides soft tissue damage, I hit my head pretty badly (my partner and I were very lucky to get away with lots of bruises, since we rolled 3.5 times and the cars been written off).

After the accident, I spent a couple of nights in the hospital and was then discharged. My head didn't seem to get better and a cat scan showed that my sinuses had filled with fluid. I was on antibiotics which I finished last week and was feeling really good. By Sunday, I was back on the couch and two days later (today) I just feel totally crap (sorry, Aussie slang).

I've also been told that I've got something called Benign Positional Vertigo, but I don't care what I have, I just want the boat to stop rocking and want to stand on still land again!! I can't sleep and when I do have horrific nightmares (not about car accidents) but about death and being chased by very scary people and aliens.

I keep using the wrong words (I love my words and hate this aspect) and I'm an emotional wreck. These are about half the symptoms, but the main ones.

My family lives on the other side of the country (six hour plane flight home), my partner is a six hour drive away, and the nearest doctor/hospital is an hours drive. I feel isolated and alone, but now relieved that others have experienced something similar to what I'm going through.

Good luck to everyone. I just want to get better and soon. I don't know if I can put up with this for 4 years!!
cassical is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote