Thread: Oats
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyM View Post
Oh! I see.

So you wouldn't necessarily need to cook the rice, just use rice meant for cooking.

Although, I'm of the mind that all grains have bad things in them, maybe soaking and/or cooking helps to leach those things out.

I agree with you completely Nancy... but we really like to have some baked stuff in the house.

Al: We do eat pasta but that's all... everything else is made at home. I know that rice flour is contaminated because there's a sticker right on the giant 20lb bulk food size bag that says 'may contain traces of wheat'. I didn't understand what was making ds car sick until I saw that... then I made him some homemade cream of rice cereal for breakfast (from whole rice) and he was fine. We've tested this theory without him knowing and... sure enough... it's the commercial rice flour from the mill.

The interesting thing is that he doesn't really eat noodles... mostly the meat sauce that we put on top of the noodles.

Oh, and sometimes we have rice crackers from the store... but that's usually later in the day... and he doesn't seem to have the same reaction later in the day... I can't explain that... however, he doesn't eat as many rice crackers as he would... say... homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Jamie: I don't have many recipes either. We'll just call it a 'work in progress'.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote