View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default injections

Hi,

I have had many trigger point injections and am a huge proponant of them!!! I can't say how amazing they are....I had bupivocaine and saline...so anesthetic and slightly salty water. They worked for me in my trigger points about 9 injections a time...every two weeks and it lasts for about 5-6 days if you rest the day of injections and the day after......then the meds have a chance to settle and get into the area you need it in.

my pain levels with the needles went from an 8 to a 5 and I felt amazing.....ok 5 for some is high, but try living at 8 or 9 for a few weeks in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhow yes injections rock!!!!! They are totally mint!!!
I did feel a little bit of tenderness at injection site, but no pain as the doctor did it....so have fun if you so choose but never hurts to try something that could help to decrease pain.

oh don't go cleaning (my outlet) or doing something you were unable to do before the injections as you still have the problem the injections only help with the pain!!! sometimes they give them before PT to help you work harder, but I think you are still masking symptoms and if you do you could do damage if not VERY careful....but that said GO FOR IT~!!!!!!

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote