Thread: Bladder spasms
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hey there

Have just noticed your mood tag.Hope you feel brighter soon.And despite the lovely invitation to pm with THIS one I feel that no...[and this is only my personal opinion] it is a good time to spill about some of these hush hush issues. We are all in this together...all of us I guess have wanted to die of embarrassment at some point but hey..we get over it.
Boy...I used to pee myself laughing BEFORE I got Parkinsons so heck..no excuse then.
But I am sorry you are going through an uncomfortable time.In all seriousness this is a common symptom that certainly does infringe on our freedom to a great degree... and I empathise greatly.I hope the infection has gone because that is so very painful and can make you feel really ill and fluey
I of course am no expert, but it seems that the pathways from brain to muscle are responsible yet again for this lack of the bladder knowing when to detect if there are a couple of cuploads of fluid in there or a teaspoon.Apparently under normal brain functions,the brain knows to repress voiding..until we find a loo....but with PD,these signals are compromised and apparently the bladder gets the urge when only a few drops of urine are present.It becomes overactive.Again we can parallel this to what is happening to our limbs..the stuff we can see.I guess until it is upon us we don`t think about our internal bits going to the wall cos we can`t see them..but they are affected by this confusion in the correct signals of when to tighten and when to relax just as much.Perhaps the spasms are because of this change in normal activity of the bladder.

But..as my gp once said to me..don`t pin everything on Parkinsons which is a wise comment I think but it would seem a big possibility.
I hope you get some relief from this soon.Drugs are available so it doesn`t need to be suffered unneccessarily.

If it weren`t for the fact that you must be suffering so much with this...I would tell you a funny story about my peeing disaster.But another time..when you are feeling better perhaps...

Hugs
Steff
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote