View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sasha

Sorrry to be so late in responding but needed to say ,like Carey,how I understand.I adored my job as a teacher,and there wasn`t one day when I didn`t want to go into work.I was nearing the peak of my career,and to be told one day by my doctor that work was no longer an option [I had suffered several bouts of pleurisy] absolutely brought me to my knees.For the first time since my diagnosis I sat down and wept.I still felt able,and like all you folk here,my mind was still turning over at an alarming rate.To still feel capable yet t be given no option left me feeling helpless and out of control of my own life.
But I dusted myself down and you know,so many other opportunities to do different things came my way and although I still have occasional pangs of regret,my life is full and colourful.I still call on my teaching skills but employ them in other ways.My training is far from wasted.And its a good feeling not to be bound by schedules too.
But this is not to say I don`t empathise and recognise the enormity of such a llife changing move.I feel for all who have yet to go through this difficult process but I wanted to give an indication of all the good things yet to come.
Thinking of you
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote