View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neurotalk has been so good to me!!!!

This IS a very supportive, caring special place. I feel lucky every day to be able to come here for the support and understanding that makes me feel like I am not crazy or alone. I try to offer as much as I take, though I am not sure I succeed in that.

I hope very much that it stays that way. Judgment, harassment, and attack do not belong here-either public or in PM. If we feel very strongly that someone is on the wrong path, we can let them know, we can even let them know with strong words...but always in a CARING SUPPORTIVE way. (advice from the heart, as Victoria would say)

The most important thing I have learned by being injured is COMPASSION for fellow humans. I am amazed that SO MANY people struggle with problems and conditions even though they look "fine" to everyone else. Having the patience to practice this compassion by being kind to people is SO HARD when we, ourselves, feel so lousy each and every day- but for cryin' in the sink (Alison's phrase!)- we already fight the doctors, PT's, employers, lawyers, and insurance companies for proper treatment- we DEFINITELY should not be fighting amongst ourselves.

Every forum member should look inside themselves and examine their own personal reasons for being on this forum- it is a wonderful place for sharing support and information. If that is not your goal, perhaps you should look for another forum to frequent.

I love all of you, and look forward to many more thoughtful conversations about TOS and all that goes with it.

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote