View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Concussion girl:

If I remember correctly, you sustained your brain injury at a bar, right? If so, and if you don't mind my asking, were you drunk at the time this happened? (may seem like a stupid question, but I don't know if this incident happened at 9pm or 3am).

I ask because my concussion happened when I was drunk (drunk as hell actually, it was my 21st birthday), and since then whenever I go out with my friends I wake up the next morning with these horrible hangovers, despite the fact that I haven't had a drink in years. I thought I was the only person on the face of the earth dealing with this phenomenon of hangovers without alcohol... eesh, now I kind of feel like we're a pair from some sort of noah's ark of horrible brain problems.

Regardless, it took me 2 years to realize this, but this was occurring for me because of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which, depending on which brain scientists you listen to, is the reason that my concussion hasn't completely healed in the first place. Now, your situation seems a little different since it's just happening every time you get sleep, but PTSD therapy (talk therapy, EMDR, whatever you feel inclined to do) might be something worth looking into.
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote