Thread: Bladder spasms
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default too coincidental

Oh my gosh, this is just too coincidental to be coincidental.

Any of you who don't like talking about ... let's say the "ugly" part of PD, quit reading now.

A couple of days ago, I noticed that one part of my internal organ ... yes, in THAT area, is sagging, literally. Talk about a wake up call. This came in conjunction with a little dribbling effect when I use the "loo" (or the "Lou" my dad says, because his BOSS was named Lou, and my dad's name is John which is what we name the "loo" here in the U.S.) We could get into a topic about rubbers, but we'll save that for another day. LOL

Okay, so tonight I shocked the pool and needed to get in it this evening to see if some good ole' elbow grease would do the trick (it didn't). My period just started yesterday so ... excuse me boys, cover your eyes ... but there was no way in heck that the tampon I inserted was going to stay.

I cried, I scrubbed, I cried, I scrubbed, I hid my tears by turning the other way ... I ran to the bathroom after said tampon did fall out ... I scrubbed again, I cried again, and then it was time to take the dog for a walk.

I told my husband about it and said that I would research the topic on the website. Honest, this was no longer than 15 minutes ago.

I typed in the search engine tampon, then vagina, and then finally incontinence. I truly couldn't believe my eyes that this discussion took place TODAY.

And, so, even though I'm teetering on the edge of keeping my sanity, this thread; this topic; and the people behind this topic is what keeps me ticking. First and foremost is my faith, but this PD "family" is the only one who truly understands. I feel so very blessed.

Anyway, I really DO need some questions answered so I'll try to stay on topic.

Will medication help with what I descriibed? Surgery? (Just cutting away my insides?!!) I know how to do kegels (having given birth to five children) and I do believe that this would still be possible for me to achieve, but will the disease eventually progress to the point that the muscle tone is gone, and the neuro transmitters simply can't connect, so doing kegels is out of the question?

Something tells me that I don't want to know the answer to this, but heck .. lay it on the line and maybe all of us can find humor in a very depressing subject.

And I, too, have some funny stories that I'd be willing to share but, for now, my bed is calling my name.

Gosh, God is good. How else can you explain the above?

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote