View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, the adhesive is that good huh?? I would never put them on Alan's feet, because his skin is so delicate and thin, I don't even like to use band-aids on them. It's like when I bandage the ulcer, and I put a clean gauze and then secure it with a regular Band-Aid brand band aid.

When I pull that thing off in the morning, well, it has stuck to his skin. I am looking into gentle adhesive bandages. That should be a bit better.

He goes back to his podiatrist on Thursday and we are still waiting to hear from the wound treatment center. His insurance told us that each time Alan goes to a wound treatment center, if it's billed as a clinic visit (and most of them do this), then Alan's co-pay is $50.00. Alan almost went nuts when he heard this. It seems that if it's billed through the hospital, then there's no co-pay. So naturally, we are trying to see if it can go through that way.

Boy, $50 a pop, and sometimes you have to go 3 times a week!!!. When you are on Social Security, well, that is not going to fly, believe me!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote