View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My Vitamin B12 deficiency was over 2 years and I was hoping extra medications would assist in repairing the damage. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean mega dosing with cobalamin, but definitely not lowering the dosage like the new physician was wanting to do! I knew that wasn't going to be in my treatment plan....I was definitely frustrated that I could not find anyone here in the states that knew a whole lot about this syndrome. When it come right down to it, the United States is way behind the times even in its treatment plan of cobalamin, the World Health Organization recommends giving Hydroxocobalamin because it stays in the system three times longer than cobalamin (J Pediatr. 1998; 132(1):121-4 (ISSN: 0022-3476) Andersson HC ; Shapira E Human Genetics Program, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA) But I could not even find a doctor in my area that even knew what it was! They were wanting, instead, to stick with the standard treatment, which they learned in med school and not be open minded with any new method.
I've got the book by Sally "Could it be B12: an Epidemic of Misdiagnosis" by Sally M. Pacholok, R.N. and Jeffrey J. Stuart, D.O. They are husband and wife. She had Vit. B12 in the 1980's and they researched this and was amazed on the lack of information and lack of understanding and willingness to listen from the medical community. It is a very, very interesting book. Sally assists many people.
I am interested in this B12 study that you are doing Ron. Can you tell us about it?
Med_help, Complex,Rose,Matt and Ron, as always....hang in there, maybe one day, the doctors will finally hear our outcry and listen and start doing some research to assist us...