View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update

Well it's been a while since I posted here and I have been trying to answer back threads and messages while I was away.

My neurologist did diagnose PCS, though I am a bit confused because he also mentioned mild brain injury. Is there a difference? I have tried to do a lot of reading to better understand all of this but am still a little bit fuzzy on that aspect of it.

I still have a LOT of problems going places and driving but I have been able to get into and out of the grovery store a coupel of times in the past three months. I don't know how long this vertigo will last as my rehab lady told me that I seem to have some complications with my eye tracking and neck and how my body manages itself in space, which is the reason I have a hard time in open spaces. She said it could last several more months since I will have to retrain my eyes and body to correctly balance itself again. I am still having a lot of nausea and imbalance as I mentioned before which has been fairly constricting in my life as I can not consistently drive or go places for those times when the vertigo hits me. Has anyone else had this type of driving issue? For me, it is like I can drive fine some days, and other days i will be throwing up in my car, sweating through my clothes until the spinning and motion sickness stop. I think I have come a long way in learning to cope with all of this and am glad to say I am working again, even if only about 15 hours a week tops.

I have a follow up appointment with my neurologist and I am concerned that my symptoms have not gone away enough for a total release to work as well as some other symptoms that seem to have cropped up in the past month or two. I have no idea if this is common or not. I am also concerned he will think I am exagerating my symptoms and I don't really like to get into just how bad it can be at times. I had always worked and maintained a full time job and a full social life and I know if I could work I would be all about that. What suggestions do you all have on this next appointment?
concussiongirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote