Thread: Tos ?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAarchitect View Post
Things I am considering.....Botox, Chiropratic, leave of absence from work. I realize my condition is not as severe as others on this site but any advice or ideas would be helpful. I have been alone in my struggle for 18 months with Dr's who didn't care or listen.
Welcome to the forum LAarchitect. I hope you'll find some answers and the support that you are looking for.

Although I haven't tried it I've heard Botox can be very effective. Some of the others here on this site can probably tell you their personal experiences about using Botox. My TOS is the result of a whiplash injury I had in 2001, and I have been seeing a chiropractor regularly since then. Chiropractic care is good if you have any cervical spine issues, but otherwise it may not help much. Cervical x-rays will tell you if you would benefit from chiropractic care. If you can take a leave of absence, it may be a good thing-- it would give your body time to heal and give you time to focus on activities that are triggering the flares. I think a journal is a great idea.

Please know that you are no longer alone in your struggle and that many of us can relate to what you have been going through, including seeing many doctors who don't care and don't listen and getting one wrong diagnosis after another. Again, I hope you find some answers soon, and good doctors to take care of you.

Shellie
shelliemac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote