View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 12:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Brown Rice Cocolate Chip Cookies

Note: The reason I came up with this is because I wanted a cookie that was, of course, made with rice rather than flour, and also , dairy, egg and refined-sugar free.

Brown Rice Cocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup arrowroot (omit this if you wish)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 stewed dates or raisins
1/4 cup oil (grapeseed is pretty tasteless)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda

Put all in the food processor and whip well. When it looks like mush, add fake chocolate chips. These turn out to be a fairly chewy cookie that have almost a snack bar consistency. Bake at 300F for 1/2 hour and then let them sit in the oven for another half hour just to dry them out a bit more."

There's a bit of a story that goes with this one:

Jamie pm'd me to ask if she should post this recipe that she found somewhere else on the 'net, because of the 'arrowroot flour' in it.

I told her that I frequently like to add a bit of arrowroot in my recipes too but have been trying to avoid it, as an experiment... but could she try the recipe without the arrowroot and see how it comes out... and e-mail it to me so I can try it too.

Well, when she e-mailed it... I had to laugh out loud as this is one of MY first recipe attempts using cooked rice!

As a result, I can tell you that the recipe is still okay (not great - IMO - but okay) with or without the arrowroot.

I'm very glad to know it's getting around out there and people are finding it useful.

Thanks Jamie! That'll keep me chuckling all week long.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 09-25-2006 at 12:43 PM.
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote