View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face Me too

Hi Mark

It is nice to meet you. Sorry that it is under RSD conditions though.

Anyway..you asked about temp changes. Yep! I have them all of the time too. It seems worse (as are all of my RSD symptoms) in my right foot and leg, where my RSD first started. When I say worse, I only mean that the colors are more vivid, and the temps are more.....erm...what is the word I need here? Not drastic....but...uncomfortable, maybe? Noticeable? Hmmmm. Maybe I will be able to figure out what would work best there. LOL

I have noticed that more often than not, my foot (and hand) will be RED when it is feeling hot. I am talking.....cherry red. Fire engine red. You know...red. LOL. That is also when I am most liable to have the more severe swelling. When I am cold...well, that is when things get really weird. I can be a dusky dead palish whitish bluish color...or I can be a more normal color with pink and purple worked in, or I can have all of that because I am mottled. There have also been a few times when I have had a freezing foot, and look down and it is a more subdued reddish purplish color than the very vivid knock you out red that comes with that fever type feeling.

Isn’t RSD Fun? LOLOL

I most always have a purplish tinge around my scars on the inside (from arch down towards big toe) of my foot where my last ortho cut a nerve in my foot to try to get the pain to stop. Yeah...well...that kinda sorta backfired on me...and then he dropped me like a hot potato! LOL. But, I think that the weird purply color that is most always around that area has to do with that last surgery and the nerve getting all messed up. I don’t know for sure, as no doc has tried to explain it to me....this is just what I have come to think in the over 10 years that I have been contemplating this stuff. LOL

It doesn't matter time of day, or if I am up or down when it comes to the temp and color changes. Although if I whack my foot or hand, I am sure to get color changes...and all kinds of stuff going on (besides just the pain, pain pain!).

Anyways...You aren’t along with the temp changes and the color changes. That is one of the big things that docs look for in making the clinical RSD dx; temperature changes and color changes...along with the PAIN, of course.

I am glad to meet you, and I hope to see more of your posts around here. I am glad that you found us!

Take Care,
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote