View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My TOS surgeons recommended Feldenkreis as part of the rehab.
I always felt better when I was doing it .
You really have to stick with it as it is not a big bang treatment though you do feel better after some treatments - it is slow methodical body alignment work that works best over a period of time.
We in pain are completely out of whack - we walk incorrectly or move incorrectly to protect whatever hurts which in turn causes all sorts of things to go wrong in and with our body - we are one big chain reaction domino theory The practitioner works on putting us back together again. Humpty Dumpty if you will.

I too have TMJ and have found that even with RSD I get the most relief with intense cranial sacral massages that incorporate that mouth work w/gloves.
Those trigger points in the mouth are so tight but when they get in there and relax them it hurts so good ( that and a mouth guard !!!)
I haven't chewed in so long that the muscles next to my eyes that are the major chew muscles - press on yours - you can feel or not feel them when you open and close your mouth - are completely atrophied and my face is slightly indented inward right next to the eyes at the temples.
Thankfully no one can notice.
I did get lots of migraines - much more before I started taking topomax- I still get them though - whether it is TOS - a vert tight neck and back from an old fracture - shoulder impingement - TMJ - I have no clue which one is the major culprit

Good Luck to you Sydney .
I hope some of this helped a little or you find some help somehow
i think you might really benefit from long term commitment to Feldenkreis .
It might put some things back where they once belonged?

Much peace

GnP
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote