View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Sending Prayers to Minnesota

I don’t know if we have any forum members that live in Minneapolis or in Minnesota, or that have family members there. If we do, my heart is breaking for you. I hope that all of your family and friends are safe and sound.

Today, during rush hour traffic, a major bridge crossing the Mississippi River collapsed, sending vehicles raining down into the River...and smashing some that were underneath. It is an awful story...so very sad. Tonight on Night Line they have said that there are at least 60+ injured, and 7 confirmed dead. They didn’t give any numbers on the missing, though. They did say that they are still doing rescue and recovery in the rubble, but that the efforts have been changed to recovery for those that fell in the River.

They don’t know why the bridge collapsed. It passed inspections in 2003 and 2005, according to what the Governor said tonight when they had him on the phone. They did have a crew out there, that had been working on resurfacing the bridge....but cannot understand how that would have lead to it’s collapse. They haven’t ruled it out, though....at this point they haven’t ruled much of anything out. They have been too busy looking for the people that need finding, to have been able to get much figured out about why this happened.

The pictures that they have shown are...well...awful. I can’t imagine being there. There was a bus load of children on a school trip that just missed being tossed into the River, and crashing down with the bridge. Other victims helped to get the kids out of the bus, as it was scooted over to the edge of the bridge, and the kids were freaking out. So far, they are saying that all of those kids are OK...so that is a blessing.

Just, send all of the good thoughts and prayers that you can to the people of Minneapolis and Minnesota, as this is an awful tragedy they have suffered.

Love and
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by Joselita; 08-02-2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: bad spelling & typos...as usual.
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote