View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Trent,
I've had both absence (petit mal) and complex partial sz. for 35 yrs. Take note if you see your son smacking his lips, maybe wandering around, or picking at his clothes this is all part of a complex partial sz.
It has been proven that ADHD and tics can cause sz. for some people. I've seen many different neuros. over the yrs. but I got the best help from an Epileptologist (epi) Dr. who specializes in epilepsy. If you go to a university hospital that has an Epilepsy Center your son will be much better off and the Drs. are way ahead of any neuros. I've ever seen.
Make sure you keep a calendar writing down what time of day/night your son has any sz. along with a description of the sz. by doing this the Dr. will be able to often see a pattern as to what days of the month and what time of the day/night your son is more likely to have any sz.
Also keep your son away from anything with nutra sweet in it (ex.diet soda) it's been proven that nutra sweet (aspartame) causes more electrical activity in the brain which can cause sz. for some people. Take note of the weather also some people have more sz. when there's a low pressure. I found out that I was photosensitive that's where certain bright colors can trigger sz. My epi did a special e.e.g. on me flashing different color strobe lights one at a time and found out 3 colors triggered szs. for me.
You might want to try putting your son on vitamin B12 it has done wonders for me calming the nerves down and reducing my sz.
If you're interested here's a couple of websites to check out for more info.
www.epilepsy.com

http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm
(When the main page comes up click on epilepsy)

Here's wishing you and your family only the best. May God Bless All of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote