View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rhyzolysis success

Hi there, I've just found these boards and would like to share my positive result from RF.

My C spine has been done twice and I am currently booked for a third trip. Pain relief (for me) lasted approx a year. I had suffered daily cervicogenic headache, come migraine, due to various problems above and below my two level (failed) fusion. I couldn't believe how wonderful I felt following my RF procedure....considering I'd gone there with few expectations that anything would work. I was rock bottom when it was finally offered, and I can tell you that I would have accepted whatever they offered in hope of ridding myself of sickening pain. I felt so elated when I realised I was feeling a bit normal again. It did take about three weeks for procedure aches to settle down.....and you must expect the initial pain associated to the surgical trauma. In my opinion they were mild compared to the daily grind of head/neck pain I knew.

It's my experience that the nerve "did grow back" after a year or so. Perhaps regenerated is a better term to use. My OSS told me to expect anything from 8 months to 18 months and I feel delighted to have made it to a year. I am most confident in having repeat RF's because I know that my OSS is very experienced, and practiced, in the art of this procedure. I do believe that success is determined by skill of the practitioner....and in the determination to help you. It also requires a positive block to qualify in the first instance as a candidate. If you have the opportunity to go ahead. Take it. I gather you know It's to do with facet joint rather than disc matter.

I wish you the very best ahead.
meagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA (09-15-2011)