Thread: Bridge Collapse
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicky - I am so happy for you that your son and his wife checked in safe. It sounds like the scene is very dangerous for rescuers right now; I hope your son will not face more danger.

To All: I received this email from Jackie, a friend and pwp in Minneapolis:

"Dear family and friends -- This is just a quick note to let you know that we are all fine, but our hearts and prayers go out to those who were on the bridge or had loved ones involved in the bridge collapse. We are feeling especially lucky and blessed, since Paul (Jackie's husband) takes that bridge to and from work. Yesterday, he opted for a different route because of all the traffic on 35W south. He missed the collapse by about 15 minutes.

This incident is one of those reminders that things can happen at any time, anywhere, so make every day count! Don't skimp on the hugs or the "thank-you's." Give blood, if possible. Take nothing for granted."

Words we can take to heart - we are all a different route or 15 minutes from a life changed forever.

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote