View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cold

I used to have a really bad time with color changes and temperature changes.

This is my second time with RSD. This round, when I first got hurt, we switched my high blood pressure medication to clonadine as it was supposed to help RSD. I was on it for about a year and a half. I still had a nearly full bottle of a high blood pressure med called norvasc from a couple years ago... expiration date showed it was still good. I asked my family doc if I could try going back on the norvasc till I used it up.

Within 2-3 days of switching from Clonadine to Norvasc.... my color and tempertures returned to normal. No more purple/red hand and arm, no more hot and cold. And, no more keeping a glove with me EVERYWHERE for when the hand got cold.

I used to take a 10mg tablet once a day. But, we found that using a 5 mg tablet every 12 hours works better for the color and temperature.

Norvasc has REALLY made a big difference.

Even the shiny skin has resolved. My hand used to look really really shiny, now not shiny at all.

So, I think it is worth giving one of the blood pressure meds a try if you can without having your blood pressure go down to much. Never thought I would be happy to have somewhat high blood pressure - but with RSD, having high blood pressure does make more medications available to try. It has helped the swelling in that hand too.

Jules

Last edited by daylilyfan; 08-02-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: for clarity
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote