View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
When I had my e.e.g they did everything that everyone else has mentioned except how they made me drink diet soda because it caused me to have sz. and they also kept me awake for many hrs. to make me have a sz. I did word search puzzles and did a lot of writing while I had my veeg done.
Other e. testing that I had done was an MRI, Ct scan, Pet scan, Spect scan and wada test. All of these tests show the area of the brain causing sz. along with what area of the brain is being used for most of a persons memory and speech. I found the wada test amazing, that's where they give a person a shot in the groin and half of the brain goes to sleep for awhile and then they have you read index cards, and look at pictures of the same person but 2 are the same and 1 is different. You have to pick out the picture that is different. It's amazing how I was able to do all of this with the right side of my brain asleep but when they put the left side to sleep. I couldn't speak even though I knew what the words were they wouldn't come out of my mouth it was like someone whose had a stroke and ends up with a speech problem. Here's wishing you and your son only the best. May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote