View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
I have Fibro, RSD and now severe TMJ pain with headaches and neck pain. Have had chronic pain since 1984. Just recently developed TMJ from a facial injection procedure for another problem (burning lips, tongue, gums). I have multiple conditions which cause chronic pain almost everywhere in my body and am disabled. Can only walk a very short distance. However, this TMJ is worse than anything as I can hardly talk, eat, swallow. No meds have ever helped any conditions - tried over 40.
Anyone here have any ideas about this TMJ?
May you all have pain free moments. This is a life of constant torture.
Sydney
Hi Sydney...

I'm so sorry to read that you have all this pain.

You haven't mentioned if you take B12 injections or sublingual Methylcobalamin... I've found it helps me dramatically with pain.

But it's not a cure all.

I have some severe pain in my jaw sometimes... (in fact that's how come I didn't realize I had tetanus when I had it... )

I was taking masses of Ibuprofen when I had tetanus and to handle the jaw pain that wasn't associated with the tetanus, but then the periodontist I saw, who's about the best here in Santa Fe, said that Ibuprofen was bad for jaw bones and weakened them or deteriorated them... I forget exactly.

So I stopped using Ibuprofen and started using serrapeptase which reduces swelling.

The serrapeptase helped the pain in my back.. and I also started having amino acid powder in my coffee, and I was able to walk a little bit before the pain was overpowering.

But now I can move more freely, it's as if some of my bones that felt fused are freeing up. And I have a lot lot LOT less pain. I went to the periodontist last September... so you can see it didn't work over night.

I've had Feldenkraiz work done, and it helped a lot. The interesting thing for me is that the Feldenkraiz guy said that I was too tight... and now (this is maybe 15 years later) when I'm less frozen feeling I have less pain.

As an aside, I just recently found a thing where my doctor wrote that I had fibro (on my medical certificate filed with PNM to keep my lights on... years ago) ... but I don't think I have fibro because I once asked on a different forum what the symptoms were, and mine didn't match them.

For me, I think that low vitamin B12 has been at the bottom of a lot of my health problems and challenges.

((((((((Sydney)))))))))

Oops, I forgot to say that the serrapeptase helps with my jaw problems a lot... as does vitamin C, which is because I have an infection around my old dental implants... (never a dull moment)