View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 12:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When a new person comes along with questions, members both at OBT and here have always tried to help and inform. I remember a newcomer whose TOS sx were getting progressively worse, while she continued such activities as four-wheeling and lifting heavy bags of seed or fertilizer, while at the same time seeking advice on how to relieve pain and avoid needing surgery. I was in a horrible place, severe pain, mourning the loss of my teaching career, and reached out with the best of intentions to urge her to be careful and not push things too far because I didn't want to see anyone else go through what I was going through.

I didn't mean to offend you; I didn't mean to act like your mother, and I never said you deserve whatever you get if you won't listen. My words were "I truly hope you don't live to regret ignoring my advice", or something to that effect. And I meant them. There IS a difference in intent; I was concerned,maybe more than I should have been, but I'm really sorry that upset you.

This is NOT OBT; it's a much NICER place, no silly game-playing or Jr High nonsense. I think we all can agree we like it better here, and the past is better left in the past. Let's all "judge not, lest ye be judged."

beth

Last edited by beth; 08-03-2007 at 01:33 AM. Reason: typo
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote