Thread: Swollen legs???
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rcboobear,
Welcome,
Sorry to hear that your knee is so dysfunctional. You did have a knee replacement at a very young age.
My pain doc sent me to a rheumy to see if there is anything else going on with my legs but the rheumy just went out on medical leave to have a baby so I'm no further ahead as to what my problem is (if something other than RSD). She took blood tests & wants me to have an ultrasound (which I haven't done yet because of fear). My legs get more swollen as the day goes on. Some days the elevations helps, some days not. I do know that being vertical makes it worse for me. I do some exercises every other day.
Some days they are just worst than others & I can't figure out why. I've been doing a detailed journal & can't figure it out.
Ada,
I, too, noticed in a mirror. I had been complaining to doctors for about a year and a half about the pain but none suggested that it might be swelling.
Come spring, I have on shorts, am standing in front of a mirror and wonder why my calves look bigger than my thighs. The sock marks used to happen to me but now I only wear loose, soft socks. They feel so much better.
Linmarie
Linmarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote