View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 02:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Trix,

RSD often DOES flare up and then go away, especially the color changes, swelling and stiffness, at least early on, that's why it can be really hard to get a dx cause it never seems to "act up" during a Dr visit

And RSD shows up in lots of different ways, it's not the same in every person, which makes things harder to figure out!

But there are usually other sx in common besides the burning pain: pain when touching or being touched (it would hurt to pick up my car keys!),
pain from AC or wind on your skin, a deep, achy bone pain, abnormal sweating, abnormal hair loss or growth on the limb, abnormal fingernail growth (fast or slow). Not every person will have ALL of these though.

There are some really helpful people on the RSD forum here that you may want to ask about this.

I'm hoping it's not RSD, in some ways it doesn't sound like it, but if it is it's important to get an early dx and treatment as there's a chance of putting it into remission if caught early enough.

The best Dr to see for this is probably a neurologist or a Pain Mgmnt/Anesthesiologist, they do a really poor job of educating Drs about this in med school, which is a crime as it is SO important to catch it early!!

Feel free to PM me if you have ANY questions.

(((hugs)))
beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote