View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Of course everyone will decide for himself or herself.

There are, however, some very important principles they should know in order to make the best decision for themselves. One size does not fit all.

The severity of damage does not dictate the amount necessary. It is important for everyone with damage to fill their stores to overflowing and keep them full.

In addition to that, if a person's liver has been affected or some other damage has affected the ability to transport or store B12, more must be taken more frequently.

The degree of malabsorption and ability to transport dictate how much B12 should be taken at a time. Orally that amount should be 1000 mcg at the very least, in order to make sure of getting any in case of severe malabsorption.

Methylcobalamin can also be taken in huge amounts. Dozens of times that 1000 mcg dose has been shown to act in a different way in some, allowing objective improvement even if there was no B12 deficiency. That has also be shown safe.

As I have encouraged in the past, I believe it is very important for someone to keep notes. At least a few words written on a calendar date can be very helpful--not for days or weeks, but for as long as symptoms continue. Repairs can take place over many months or even years, and it is human nature to adapt and fail to notice progress that comes slowly, or sporadically along with strange symptoms of repairs.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote