View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You're welcome, as always.

I also would want her B12 to go to more than 322 in one month. She may have been much lower than the first result showed. That is common.

I would take 5000 mcg. And if she wants to take more, that's fine. It's safe. The danger is in having too little.

The hemoglobin will likely improve if it was lower due to B12 deficiency. But that is not always the case, so if it doesn't change don't assume she didn't need the B12. I hope we get a ferritin result.

Regarding your most recent post: Since she had been taking the methylcobalamin prior to the depression and hallucinations, it is possible that it is a reaction and, thus, a good thing. I hope that's the case, and if it is, she is likely on a fast track to improvement. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that that is what is happening, but judging from her weak B12 result, and the still weak result indicating she was probably very low, it is very likely this is the case!

"Weird" is the word many of us have independently arrived at to describe the healing process when significant damage was done. I and others have experienced equally weird things, although not necessarily exactly that. At one point in my brain repairs, I experienced what I could only describe as bipolar episodes----not long after that hit and began swinging back and forth more and more rapidly, I made a huge leap in cognitive and mood improvement and the bipolar symptoms stopped.

Best wishes to both of you,

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote