View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well I won't go into any of them but the current companions. Too many precious ones gone. One very recent and my heart is still broken. That was my long-haired tortie, Sweetie Pie.

I have 3 cats.

Tink (orginally titled 'Cleo' and then Stinker). My daugther and I adopted Tink 15 years ago and at that time the vet guessed her to be a couple of years old. She was found just roaming around. My daughter wanted to name her Cleo (something about a goldfish I think, not sure). But when we took her home it was so funny.

The first week or so when we came home she would be cowering in her litter box - she was very frightened. Well now, I try to keep my litter boxes clean but geesh, you can only lay around in one for so long, ya know!? So she was stinky. And we started calling her Stinker.

As she has grown into her senior years I have given her back her dignity by just calling her Tink. She is all black with long fur and very loving. She lives now to sleep, eat, give and get love. I think she's about 17.

Chewie (Chewbaca). Chewie is a polydactyl. You would adore this cat. Of all the times to find a cat, we found Chewie on an evening of a day my Sammy had been hit by a car and died. I was beside myself. My daughter and son-in-law came to stay with me I was so beside myself in grief.

A flash of fur went running by and my daughter chased it, finally coaxing it out from under the car. And she brought him to me and said, "MOM, look at him! I'm sure an angel sent him this way for you!" Yah sure, can't you see I'm grieving.

But upon further investigation of course I couldn't resist him and we discovered his feet looked odd. Well the little guy had (has) 6 big toes on each front foot and 7 big toes on each back foot, and 2 pads on each foot.

In other words, his feet are HUGE! And he has thick thick fur. We named him Chewbaca. He's an extremely large black and white cat. Has trouble with his feet and has a limp. He was very damaged when we found him. The vet guessed him at 7 weeks old. Now he's about 4-1/2 yrs old.

Annie. Annie just because she looks like an Annie to me. A feral. Just happened to be hanging around my porch each day and she was mighty skinny. Couldn't get anywhere near her. Put food and water out each day and she'd eat it. It took weeks, but finally got her to let me touch her nose. It was getting cold. Winter coming on. She was pregnant and I couldn't stand it, so I managed to catch her and brought her in. Been an indoor cat since. She had 3 beautiful little kittens and then got fixed. She's about 4 now.

So, right now I just have my 3 cats. You can see them here.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill

Last edited by Doody; 09-25-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote